Step-by-step Procedure for Setting Your Flip-it! Position
Begin by copying this test:
The flash is aimed to the ceiling on the right side, to create directional lighting from the right side.
1. Take a shot with the reflector in the ‘off’ position to see top light off the ceiling with no added fill from the reflector panel.
2. Set the panel 45° forward to see what maximum power looks like.
3. Pull the panel back to a position 30° forward.
4. Pull the panel back to the vertical position.
5. Pull the panel back to 20° back of vertical.
Now choose the lighting ratio you like best.